Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Career

The other day while pondering my existence I decided to google career tests. I am not sure what I want to do with my life so any quiz or test that can help me in this regard is welcome. I came across a quiz on ivillage.co.uk



These were my results: (my comments are in red)


- - -


You would be very happy in a career that utilized your level-headedness (huh? me?), and allowed you to work mainly on your own (YES!). You want a career that allows you to be creative (YES!), without having to be involved with lots of people (YES!). Some careers that would be perfect for you are:

• Artist – Would love to be but my art sucks…for now


• Historian – I do not quite enjoy history, or I didn’t enjoy it in school, maybe something changed?


• Banker – Too much pressure, ya don't mess wit peeps' ching


• Novelist – Obviously, judging by my writing on this here blog, I am fully equipped to be a writer


• University Professor – Umm, no


• Photographer – Would be awesome! I’ve wanted to be a photographer for years


• Vet – Would also like this but I will cry all day long, feeling sorry for the poor animals and end up taking all of them home with me.


• Paralegal – Although I know little about law and politics, this sounds like something I could do


• Graphic Designer – I would enjoy this as well but so many people have this on their resume


• Online Content Developer – Anything I can do online would make me happy


• Webmaster – Have looked into this before, does not sound too bad


• Producer - Nope


• Managing Director – Hell no


• Nutritionist – I don’t know about this, it would be cool but also not sure what it involves completely


• Advertising – Same as the graphic designing and banker, too much pressure, too many out there


• Nursing – I hate blood


You like working and being alone (we’ve established this, carry on). You like to avoid attention at all costs (yep). You tend to keep to yourself (yes), and not interact much with the people around you (semi-true). You enjoy spending time with a few close friends (very true). You like to listen to others, but don’t like sharing much about yourself (true, depending on the person). You are very quiet and private (yes).


You are very practical, and only act after thinking things through (not always). You don’t like being forced to answer quickly (I get defensive). You have to evaluate the situation completely (I try to). You make decisions based on what you can verify with your senses.


You like to be deeply involved in one or two special projects (true). You like to be behind the scenes (like a ninja). You are very logical and fair (except when I’m emotional and crazy). You feel you should be honest with others and protect their feelings (don’t we all feel like this?).

You trust your gut instincts (not enough). You are easily inspired and trust that inspiration (ok). You are very innovative (that sounds nice). You analyze things by looking at the big picture (you said that already). You are concerned about how what you do affects others (always, it is my downfall). You worry about your actions and the future (every day). You tend to use a lot of metaphors and are very descriptive and colorful in your choice of language (“colorful” meaning?).

You are very creative, and get bored easily if you don’t get to express yourself (creepy true). You like to learn new things (very much yes). You don’t like the same old routine (I have a problem with that yes). You like to leave your options open (hence me looking for something else to do with my life).


- - -


So very true, Johnson. I think God writes career tests in his down time, how else would they know so much about me, right?


This is pretty close to what I feel like most days. I have wanted to change my career for a few years now, but not knowing what I am good at does not help my cause much. It is quite frustrating to feel lost and without purpose, but quizzes help.


I am an architectural draughtsperson by trade, but I am fed up with this. I still enjoy it from time to time, but I feel all tapped out. I am not learning anything new and I do not have the motivation to learn anything new in this regard. I’ve been doing it for 7 years. It is time to move on. It’s not draughting, it’s me.


So judging from my comments above, I think photography wins? Right? So now I need to pursue it? Like, study and stuff? Make a portfolio? Right?

Maybe I should do more quizzes.



1 comment:

  1. Hey, are you still writing this blog? Or another blog? I like your writing, it is very funny.

    ReplyDelete